This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Nationwide
I’m not going to lie – sometimes I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am an adult, one whose job is to take care of three kids, because in my head, a small part of me just believes my parents will handle everything for me. (Probably because they’re the most active adult parents ever.)
I don’t enjoy having to do all the things my parents always just handled behind the scenes – yet I have this huge sense of responsibility to carry on what my parents did for me. Luckily I have a partner who is a huge planner, saver, and thinker of our future. While talking about life insurance has never been my favorite conversation with my parents, as a parent myself, I look at it way differently now.
We take planning for the future and protecting our family seriously, and because of that, my husband and I can live more freely, with peace of mind.
How to protect your family with life insurance
Life insurance: the basics
Since I’m not one to understand the intricacies of insurance, I’ll break it down for you with the important basics to take away:
- Since life insurance prices generally increase as you get older, it’s best to lock in rates by starting now
- No question is too basic – Nationwide will work with you on whatever level you’re at to answer questions, assess your needs, and choose the right insurance policy
- Think your policy at your job is enough? Think again – policies usually cover just one or two times your salary, which won’t cover most people’s needs. If your job changes, your policy doesn’t move with you.
- I was surprised that getting the right coverage for our family was less than I anticipated – by a lot!
- By getting life insurance, it can help with things like daily living expenses, college, retirement, and can help supplement lost income
Taking the next step
The best thing you can do for your family is to take action in securing their future – a great place to start is by talking to a life insurance specialist! Find our more, and take the next step today.