This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase, at no cost to you, I’ll receive a tiny commission. Thanks for your support!
While I’m not a particularly artistic or crafty person, a few of my girlfriends and I have started to get together for little craft nights, and let me tell you, it is SO. MUCH. FUN. Seriously. Last year, we worked on some DIY painted ornaments, and while we all used different colors and have different aesthetics, they all came out adorable. Plus we had a blast.
We used wooden disks that were pre-drilled to make it simple for hanging, but you could also paint directly on glass or plastic ball ornaments too.
How do you normally decorate your tree? Is it the same each year? Do you change it up? Do you decorate with specific color schemes? The past two years we’ve gravitated more towards pinks and pastels, so those are the colors I used.
Easy DIY painted ornaments
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Wood disks, glass or plastic ball ornaments
- If you’re not crafty (like me), browse Pinterest and look for inspiration to copy
- Trace out your design (optional) with pencil – or just go for it!
- Use paint pens or markers to outline, to write on, and to draw on details on top of paint
- Bonus – my secret weapon? Liquid leaf paint. I use this at the very end to see where I want to add in some special details – a little of this makes a HUGE difference
Whether you’re a great artist or don’t have an artistic bone in your body, you can create gorgeous designs for your very own DIY painted ornaments!