Keep reading if:
1. you like delicious food
2. eating healthy sounds good
3. you enjoy cooking but don’t have a lot of time to cook
4. you do not enjoy cooking but want to eat something yummy
Are you still here? Great! Glad we’re on the same page. I made these flavorful, juicy Garlic Mustard Pork chops with Sweet Potato Slices tonight, and they couldn’t be simpler or more enjoyable. The meal took 5 minutes to prepare, and since it’s all cooked in the oven, all I had to do was set the timer to 20 minutes, take a shower, set the table, and voi la! Dinner is served.
*Note: do you store large kitchen items in your oven like I do? If so, make sure there’s nothing plastic in there before you preheat the oven…just sayin.
Garlic Mustard Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Slices
– Pork chops (2-4)
– 1 egg
– 2 T milk
– 2 tsp butter per pork chop
– Seasoned salt
– Garlic seasoning
– Sweet potato
– Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Scrub the outside of 1-2 sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Thinner slices will make a crisper chip. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with a small bit of olive oil or use a brush to lightly brush oil on one side of the slices. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning(s): salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, cinnamon, etc. I used salt and garlic for mine. Pop in the oven.
4. On your Pyrex or baking sheet for the pork, place about 2 tsp of butter under each spot you’ll place your pork.
5. Beat one egg with 2 T of milk. Drench pork in the mixture, season both sides of the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic, and place on top on the butter in the pan.
*Note: seasoned salt has a saltier taste than table salt, so season wisely.
6. Squirt mustard on top of the pork chops and smooth a thin layer with a utensil.
7. Cut half an onion into chunks and place around the meat in the baking dish.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. The potatoes and meat will come out at the same time.
This delicious and flavorful meal is so simple and quick to prepare, and you can do it with chicken as well. Hope you enjoy!
What’s your go-to simple meal?