Happy 4th birthday, my Ginny girl! You bring so much life, love, and energy to everyone you meet and everywhere you go. You’ve always been ahead of your time, but your brightness shines even more this year – not just because of your crazy extensive vocabulary and concepts you grasp, but your emotional intelligence and sensitivity.
You were there for ME – your adult mom – YOU, a 3-year-old – through so much. You were there to be pure sweetness and give me hugs when I was sad about Grandpa; you were there when I was sick for 10 months and when I could hardly even walk. You have been so patient and loving when your sister has been having some two-year-old mood swings. You do all of this, and it’s hard to remember that you’re only 4-years-old because you’re truly ahead of your time.
People always say it, and it’s true – you just have this specialness about you – it’s hard to describe, but to know you is to feel this about you. Grandma Ginny and Grandpa John maybe sense this the most; you’re so loved, Ginny, and surrounded by people who are crazy about you. Grandma, Papa, Nana, Grampy, all of your aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends – you are so loved, and daddy and I are amazed and proud of you every day. In fact, there’s not one night that goes by that we don’t lay in bed and recount the magical things you said and did that day.
Happy birthday, my love, my Ginny who made me a mom.
Happy 4th birthday, Ginny
an interview with ginny
- What is your favorite thing to do? My favorite thing to do is play with Annabelle at her house with what she got for Christmas, a big LOL stand and LOLs that are already opened that are inside with them all dressed.
- What is your favorite food? Meatballs & broccoli. (You LOVE Nana’s meatballs.)
- What is your favorite drink? Smoothie
- What is your favorite color? Pink, light pink.
- What is your favorite animal? Sky (Paw Patrol)
- What is your favorite TV show? Sofia the First.
- What is your favorite toy? My dollhouse that I got for Christmas.
- Who is your best friend? Annabelle, Olive, Olivia.
- What makes you happy? Annabelle, Michael, and Olivia.
- What makes you sad? When I get hurt and missing Grandpa.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A pizza maker, a mom, and an elf.
- Who do you like to spend time with? Annabelle, Grandma, Grandma Ginny, Papa, Olivia, everyone. All of my family and all the people.
- What makes you laugh? Knock knock jokes.
- What do you like to do with your family? Crafts
- Where do you like to go? Annabelle’s house, the lake house, Grandma’s house.
- If you had one wish, what would it be? My wish is going to be that when I grow up I will do anything.
- What do you like about being a sister? Making Elsie calm.
This year’s milestones & memories
You started Little Dukes pre pre-school right after your 3rd birthday; you were kind of the class favorite, and all the teachers fought to have you as their case study.
You volunteered at the memory care home with Olive & me; the residents love when you sing, dance, and talk to them.
We spent a lot of time at the lake and went to Mackinac with Gramma and Papa – nobody had more fun than you.
You started preschool with your best friend, Olivia. You were Marie Antoinette for Halloween and Olivia was Cruela Devil.
You and Olive continue to be best buds.
Every day you talk or ask about Grandpa John; you question things like Heaven and God in ways I can’t even answer.
You were a flower girl in Jimmy and Miranda’s wedding.
You moved rooms and were a little hesitant at first. Sometimes we let you snuggle in our bed if you were scared.
Gramma took you to your first play, Beauty & the Beast.
You became a big sister (again!). No one is sweeter to Elsie than you.
photo credit: Ashley Summers
You went sledding for the first time with Papa, Daddy, and Olive.